Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just an Observation...

I have a tendency to stockpile sticks of unsalted butter. I just bought two more pounds of butter, only to discover a pound sitting in the freezer already when I got home. There is also a coupon in next week's grocery advertisment for butter, those enablers.

This seems like a bad thing. Maybe.

I'm doing a marathon baking session tonight. Daring Bakers is set to be posted this week, and this procrastinator hasn't started on that yet. Additionally, I am set to be bringing treats to a couple things at the end of the week. So, maybe this butter stockpiling isn't all bad. Maybe I'm just a good little boy scout- isn't the motto "be prepared!"?

Anyway, look for more posts to come soon.

In related news, the school year is almost up, so I'll hopefully be back to having the energy to post more than solely when required (challenge posts). Although, we are moving to a new house soon (real estate gods, are you listening? I really want to close on our home soon and break in the new kitchen!!) and going on our real Honeymoon to Sonoma/Napa/San Francisco shortly after that is set to occur. So we'll see. But I'm hoping to get to post more. Really, I am!

2 comments:

  1. I have a confession. I always use salted butter because I always forget to add salt to my baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rolling about laughing because I keep doing the same thing with unsalted butter :) I don't actually use it all that often, but I suppose you're better off having a surplus of unsalted butter than salted - you can always add salt but you can't take it away!

    I like what Lisa said, though - I'm not one for adding salt to recipes so it kind of evens out in the end.

    ReplyDelete